Monday, April 22, 2013

Leap of Faith

First things first I know that a MAJOR Hayes update is needed and I promise to get to that, but first I must tell you about what has been going on at our house for the last few months.  Jace applied to about 6 different Grad Schools for Physical Therapy.  Long story super condensed, he was accepted to AT Still and had about 2 other interviews.  One to Midwestern in Arizona and one to RMU in Provo.  We really wanted to get into RMU because it is close to home, affordable (not really... but more so than the others) and it is only a 2 1/2 year program rather than 3.  That doesn't seem like much, but anyone who has been to school understands how awesome a whole semester less actually is!  Anyway we decided to take a gamble and decline AT Still, thinking we'd be a shoe in at RMU because of all our resources, and because they wanted a $500 deposit to "save our seat" and also because it would have easily been $100,000.000 for school alone..... no way.  So we declined, got wait listed at RMU, and thought we were doomed.  We hadn't heard from RMU for several weeks and were convinced we weren't getting in.  After pouting and whining and being really bummed, we decided to take a leap of faith and have me quit my job and start looking into Grad school for myself.  Well I am here to tell you to have a little faith people, because the day after I put in my two weeks we were accepted!!!! BEST DAY EVERRRR!  Now Jace will be starting school on May 13th, (the day we also become really poor.... also a few days before Chelsey and Cody's anniversary!) and now I am waiting to see if I can get into this outreach program through USU which would be KILLER because they work with people who are mom's and stuff, as I am.  The only thing I am worried about is them receiving my MAT score... say a pray people!  So life is going great and we are so blessed I can't even explain it.  We are also doing this scripture reading challenge that was created by our ward and it is forcing us to read and we needed that sooo much.  Too often we take the good word for granted and I am grateful for the Book of Mormon.  It changes my life each time I read it.  Best book I own.

And now for what you've all been waiting for.  Be prepared for a little bit of a picture overload, my kid has gotten cuter!  I know you didn't think it was possible, but it is!  I don't mean to sound prideful, but I seriously love this kid.

All About Hayes:

  • Hayes is still grabbing everything!  Dot wants to punch him I'm sure.  She only has so much hair that can be pulled out, come on now.
  • He has started laughing in his sleep.  Most hilarious thing ever!  He is also twitching while I rock him to sleep, just like daddy.
  • He started saying dadada.  Now he says mamama and dadada, and sometimes bababa... and sometimes all at once sounding like badamababadabamama.
  • He loves to look at his hands, therefore I've started to teach him to wave.  He is fascinated with the front and back of hands and how they change.  So cute when I find him in his crib just looking at his hands. 
  • He has started to "army crawl" and follows me everywhere!  He ventured out onto the tile the other day and was a little hesitant at first, but now he can't get enough.  I'm sure he will be helping with dishes soon like Jace did when he was little.
  • He loves his little basketball hoop (thanks Chels) he literally plays with it all day.
  • He has been through it all my little Hayes has: croup twice, diarrhea, RSV, ear aches, re-circumsized (YOU HEARD ME!!! re--- circumsized), and a little more.  Now we are just gearing up for more bumps and bruises as he gets more mobile.
  • He love Dot. He laughs at her all day; even just when she turns her head.  
  • He is eating a lot more now and sleeping better.  Other than the night terrors, which is all I can come up with at this point.  Some nights he literally wakes up screaming and after I rock him back to sleep he is out.  Weird.
  • He will be 9 months on May 12th.  Holy cow that went fast.  Better start thinking about 1st birthday ideas.....
Sleeping in our old house.  Oh ya we moved.... Old house = moldy.

First time on a swing!

Ready for the ball game!

Crooked smile, so cute!  7 months here.

Swimming in St. George where the livin's easy.

Shades

CUTEST!

Little Leprechaun!

Yankee's fan with Mommy, Boston fan with Daddy.

Playing in our new house.  

8 months here.  You can see his cute teeth.  He has 3.

Army Crawling with Mommy in our new house.  


Hope you enjoy as much as I do.  Hayes is our world and we wouldn't have it any other way.


post signature

2 comments:

Jace and Nichole said...

Oh my goodness he is honestly the most handsome little bundle! I can't believe he has 3 teeth!!! Mae is just starting to get hers and they are coming in all at once like a beast!!! I miss him so much it kills me! Thanks for posting, made my night!!!

Dee Dee said...

Oh my goodness I want to squeeze him! That picture with him in the glasses reminds me of the one with you in glasses. Miss you and love you all!