Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spouse Shout Out

We didn't really get to celebrate our 2 year anniversary this year because we were a little busy taking care of our new little boy, but I just wanted to give a little shout out to this guy right here.  He is such a stud muffin and there are so many things I want to tell you about him that you don't know because he is hilarious and sweet and sometimes clumsy and he loves every single thing about me; and I just wish you all could know him like I do.  Good or bad this guy right here has my back no matter what.  He sticks up for me no matter what, he laughs at my really, really hilarious jokes; and my not so funny ones, he lets me ask ridiculous questions and this is my favorite thing about him because anyone that knows me, knows I am curious about a lot of things.  Every time I have a question he drops everything he is doing to make sure he can answer it perfectly (probably so that if our children ask me the same questions one day, I won't tell them potatoes come from cows)  He is my best friend.  It's funny how things can change in a small amount of time, I only graduated 4 years ago, and it was with some of the best friends a girl could have, but Jace is truly my number 1.  It doesn't matter what we do, he is such a fun person.  Especially when we play the "would you like me if I looked like this" game.  I think the greatest thing about him is that I didn't even see it coming.  Right before I met Jace my dating life had gone up in flames basically and I had pretty much dated every breed of guy that I DID NOT want to end up with, and about a week before I met him I told myself the next guy I dated I was just gonna let it happen; not rush into anything or pull away from anything or over think anything and I got rid of the perfect guy list I had stored up in my head.  And right when I let my heart take control and when I learned to trust myself, Jace flashed me that million dollar smile and I was smitten.

Here is a little bit about the guy I married:
He is tender hearted- He always lets Dot cuddle with him. Always.
He is passionate- Every single thing he does, he does it with a full heart.
He is strong- Jace has been through some pretty trying times in his life and it has done nothing but strengthen him.  
He puts others first- He will always make sure his friends and family are doing ok, pretty much weekly he is calling people to check in.
He is a great friend- He has more friends than anyone I've ever met.  At first it use to get annoying saying hi to everyone we saw when we were out and about, but now I love it.  He is so friendly and it's admirable.
He loves me- he loves me in all my forms, stretch marks and all!  He tells me every day how beautiful I am and that I need to give myself more credit.
He has awesome dance moves- and by awesome I mean I am rolling on the ground crying with laughter while he dances. 
He loves Hayes- Hayes will never feel more love than he does from his dad.  Jace just holds him and looks at him like he has so much to teach him and he can't wait to just be Hayes best buddy and I love that. 
Here's to 2!  Love you Cakes

Reilee

3 comments:

Jace and Nichole said...

Oh Rei, how I seriously love this post you don't even know. I love everything about that guy too! And look at both of you! Man, Hayes is a lucky guy for so many reasons, but holy smokes he is gonna be a heart breaker with your genes combined!!!!You guys are BABES!

Dee Dee said...

cutest post ever and you're a babe.

Cody and Chelsey said...

Love it! Hayes is so lucky to have happy and fun parents like you guys! Happy Anniversary!