Tuesday, October 9, 2012

All About Hayes

It has been a while since I've blogged about our cute little Hayes!  He will be 2 months old on Friday and he is changing every day.  It is funny when we introduce him to new people because then the next time they see him he is a completely different baby!  Things have been picking up their pace at our home and I am back working 2 days a week while Jace babysits and it is just the perfect schedule.  Jace is doing a lot of hunting right now, I feel like our Octobers don't even exist because it is ALWAYS the busiest month.  Jace has a good time hunting and I love that he can go out with family and friends and have a good time (as long as I get to go shopping or something :))

All About Hayes:
He currently weighs 12 pounds!  Hefty Hayes
He is 22 inches long and is the shortest of his friends
He sticks his tongue out ALL the time, like a cow.  We say, "where's cow?" and put our fingers by his lips and there comes the tongue!  So cute.  Then Chels started calling him moo-moo.  Nickname!
He likes to push off of your stomach with his feet like he wants to stand!  He is going to be walking before ya know it!
He really likes to do tummy time.  Every time he does he can't help but smile.  After a while he gets tired and wants to be done, but he just tries so hard it is the cutest thing.
He is kicking his feet like crazy right now!  And he is starting to make cute little noises.  This morning I was talking to him and I felt like he smiled at me on purpose and actually saw me.  It was so cute!
He is sleeping about 4 hours in a row at night and he eats every 3 during the day.
He loves his swing and he is finally warming up to his bouncer, now that he can bounce it and he fits in it now.
Whenever Jace comes home and starts to play with him he just stares at him.  Jace will tell you it's because his face is symmetrical and babies are attracted to that, but I think it's because he knows who daddy is!
He loves to cuddle snug as a bug right on my chest.
He still struggles with the bowel movements and I have to give him gas drops, but it's getting better gradually.
He loves the tubby he HATES lotion afterwards haha.  He literally screams the whole time it's awesome.
He also loves to poop in the tubby which makes it an eventful night for mommy and daddy.
We had a play date the other day with six other mommies and their baby boys and we took cute pictures I'll have to post them soon!
He grunts and snorts haha.  It's really funny.
He loves to stare at our picture of Jesus in the living room; and he smiles at him.
He loves his new playmate 2 days a week (aka dad)
He watches football; like literally.  AWESOME
He loves when you sing I Am A Child Of God.
He doesn't budge an inch when Dot barks at something ridiculous, but when I step on the floor and it squeaks, he wakes up haha.
He knows who I am and I think that is my favorite thing of all.  He knows my voice, my heartbeat, my skin and he knows that no one else is mommy.  I finally feel like I have that mother's touch and I love it.  I already want another baby and not because it's easy or anything, it's really hard, I just love knowing that there is someone in this life that knows the deepest parts about me.  I mean Jace is honestly my other half, he knows as much about me as he can, but Hayes lived in me. He was next to my heart, he felt my laugh my cry everything.  I feel like babies are so much smarter than adults because they react based on feelings and Hayes is so smart.  He knows when I'm trying to make his tummy feel better, he knows when I'm done putting up with the crying and he needs to calm down, he knows that even though I cover him in cold lotion I still love him and when I'm trying to stop his "purple face" crying after the lotion lathering that I sincerely still care about him haha.  I am just amazed every day with how much he already knows and how much he communicates without words.  It is such an extraordinary bond and you can't get it anywhere else. 
I especially love that when I come home from work he just stops and stares at me like he does with Jace and you can just see in his eyes that he recognizes your presence and it soothes him.  Right when I get home from work I just pick him up and have to hold him instantly and he lays on my shoulder like he missed me.  He needs everything about me and he doesn't judge me and he trusts me and it is just such an amazing responsibility; but it isn't a pressured responsibility it's a proud responsibility.  Everything I do I want Hayes to approve of and I want him to be happy and he is and it is an amazing feeling to feel that loved by someone who cannot tell me he loves me with words. 

Love,
mama brink

1 comment:

Cody and Chelsey said...

K I just got around to reading this and it is the sweetest most emotional post ever! Maybe even more so cuz I can relate to every little experience. You are seriously a great mommy and I am grateful for your example and for sweet little Hayes! Love you guys!