Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nursery Finished

Well the nursery isn't completely finished, we are still missing a few decorations, but it is definitely ready for our sweet baby Hayes!  Here are some pictures of what it looked like before.  I am an idiot and didn't take a picture of what it looked like to begin with, but it has this old 60's paneling that smelled really bad (otherwise it would have been cool) but it smelled old and gross. This is kinda what it looked like.


This is called old world texturizing.

They re-did the windows so they don't let in a draft.

We got a new door and updated light switch and they re-did the frame all around.

This closet door is the only thing that won't be updated, but it gives you an idea of how  far the room has come!

This is the paint job of my awesome parents! Thanks again!

This is the cute ceiling fan that was in Jace's room when he was young.

Crib assembled!

Furniture in room!
Ta freakin Da.

AMAZING bedding my mother made.

Decorations and hats.

Cute glove Jace signed, cute lamp, cute picture of Jace and his high school team at State.

Changing table and things.

So spoiled already!  Do you see the things on the rug? Those are his puppy slippers waiting for him at the foot of his bed.  I call them "hims dots"
So there you have it.  I guess we are ready to rock and roll!  We started on 1 week appointments at 37 weeks and Dr. Nance said I was about 1/2 effaced and not dilated at all.  At 38 weeks I had effaced 60% and was still not dilated and the baby hadn't dropped at all.  At 39 weeks I had effaced 70% and the baby still hadn't dropped and Dr. Nance said my pelvis felt small.  He then said we could proceed and just wait for me to go into labor and if I hadn't by my due date then we could induce a week after (I guess that is standard procedure with first babies) OR we could schedule a c-section within a week of my due date.  So I jumped all over that because I really didn't want to go into labor if he felt like my pelvis was small at  39 weeks because that means it'll probably be small at 40 weeks too and that just didn't sound awesome to me to try a normal delivery, have Hayes not fit because of my broken hips and say "ope, we were right it isn't going to work!" Then rush into an emergency c-section... ya not happening.  So Hayes is scheduled to arrive this Sunday the 12th which is a way better number than 16, at 7:30am!  That means I have to wake up and be to the hospital at 5:30am... Doing this for you Hayes!  Dot is so excited she can hardly stand it!

On another note, I received a cute package from my sister Cole today and it was full of wonderful things including cute dino jammies, a breast pump, diapers, graduation gift, and this cute book

Which is perfect for the situation because we cannot wait for Hayes to arrive!
This will probably be my last blog for a bit until Hayes gets here and we get settled.  Hope your summer has been as eventful as ours!

Love,
3 Hoffs and a dot

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Yay I'm glad you finally got her package. I read that book while in Cleveland when she bought it. I seriously am so excited!!

Cassidy Brooks said...

I LOVE the nursery!! You did a fantastic job!!!