Thursday, September 6, 2012

Baby Hayes

It has been 3 1/2 weeks since we had baby Hayes and I've got about 40 minutes before he wakes up for his din-din (this kid is like clock work) so I better type fast.  On Monday the 6th of August, Jace and I went to what we didn't know would be our last appointment before baby Hayes arrived.  Hayes hadn't dropped at all, which was awful news to get for a 3rd time; and I was not dilated at all AGAIN and my pelvis felt very small which to me didn't sound very promising a week away from my due date. and that is when Dr. Nance spoke such magic words.  He said we could proceed with the pregnancy and wait for me to go into labor and if I don't go into labor by my due date or a week after, then he could induce me OR we could schedule a C-section within a week of my due date.  I decided to go with the C-section because with my pelvis break and all, I really didn't want to wait and see if I went into labor, may or may not experience a difficult labor and then be rushed into an emergency C-section.

We scheduled the C-section for Sunday August 12th at 7:30 am which meant arrival time was 5:30 am and I could not have been more thrilled that I now knew the exact hour and day my baby would be arriving.  Although I had 9 months to prepare, it sure only felt like I had that last and final week to prepare.  I am here to tell you all 1 thing at this particular time.  YOU ARE NEVER PREPARED... in a good way.

I didn't sleep the entire night before and I had the worst song stuck in my head about motorboating on the pontoon, so 5:30 came really fast.  The whole thing went pretty fast and I managed to stay in control of my emotions better than I planned.  The epidural was NOT that bad, the shot before the epidural was worse.  They threw my legs on the table which was really weird, not feeling your entire bottom half, and they began to cut.  Jace was right there watching and he'd occasionally rub my shoulder for support, but I knew when they must have been cutting deeper or doing something crazy because Jace would rub a little harder and say are you okay?  haha I couldn't feel anything.

The first thing they saw was his ear and out he came!  He was in the NICU for about 2 hours with some respiratory problems being a C-section baby and all, but after that he was such a gem.  I didn't get to hold him right away but when they showed him to me I was in complete shock that He is what I was growing for 9 months.  We made him, those three words just solidify the gospel don't they?

A little swollen at first 7.8 lbs 19.5 in Hayes Barber Brinkerhoff
Right after he was born I got this really weird pain in my left side and it was burning every 10 seconds.  I ended up having a blood clot that was stuck and my Dr. said I basically experienced both kinds of delivery that day!  That was probably the worst thing about the whole delivery.

Baby Hayes is now 3 1/2 weeks old and he weighs 9.2 lbs and is 21 inches long!  He grows more and more every day.  I'm hoping to have a little segment of blogging called All About Hayes where I'll constantly give updates on him as he grows and hopefully it'll serve as a journal for him to read when he is older.

We just had a little photo shoot with Hayes for his birth announcement and blessing invite and these are a few of my favorite pictures
he looks like he has a secret

oversized beanie

LOVE HIM
All About Hayes:

9.2lbs
21 in.
Loves to stretch
Sleeps with his arms by his head
Says mamamama when he cries (not on purpose and I don't want to read into anything, but it's probably a sign that I'm his favorite)
Poops at least 8 times a day
Takes a binky better now
Loves tummy time.  When he is on my chest curled up like a bug, that is actually tummy time for him right now, and I'll say things like, "Hayes where's mom, come find mommy, where am I!" And he'll kinda struggle with his neck and face plant a few times, but then he lifts his strong little neck, finds my voice and looks me right in the eyes and then lays back on my chest like "whew I did it!" and it melts my heart!  I want to video it one day so I'll get on that.
He lets dot basically lay on whatever pillow we use when he eats.  It becomes a family affair.  I need to get a picture of it.


We love this Biggest Boy so so much!

Love,
Hoffs

3 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Gosh, I miss him so much already! He's so cute in hims diaper and beanie!

Jace and Nichole said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM!!!! And you, you are amazing!

Cody and Chelsey said...

K really you need to draw the line with Dottie! She should not be up in that feeding business, but ya I want to see a picture of it!