Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sophee Jo















 Sophee Jo was born on September 10, 2014 at 7:48 a.m.  She was 7.1 lbs and 19 in. She came out with slightly red hair which quickly turned brown and it there was a ton!  She was completely healthy and didn't have to be in the NICU so we were so grateful.  Her birth story is quite simple, but for documenting purposes I'll share it.

I knew I advance again the exact day is deliver because of my need to have c sections.  It was a Wednesday and the Tuesday before I was a nervous wreck.  My mom slept over to help with Hayes the next day while I delivered, and that was so helpful to get my mind off things.  I was mostly nervous about the epidural and worried if our new baby girl would have breathing problems because Hayes did.  We went to bed Tuesday night and woke up at 4:45 Wednesday morning.  Driving to the hospital with Hayes the song motor boating came on and it got me in a zone that I couldn't shake, so this time I scanned the radio to find a song that I could sing whenever I felt nervous.  OBVIOUSLY Taylor Swifts shake it off came on and whenever I was nervous I'd sing "I never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet!!" It helped until my epidural...... My nurses were awesome, the IV went well, we talked sports with the nurse which is right up our ally because her daughter played at UVU as well, but then the anesthesiologist came in and the great birth story demolished.  He was so rough and  had me lay on my side instead of sitting, which I much rather prefer, and he just didn't give me time to catch my breath before each dose of medicine and before I knew it I was out of breath and bawling.  This is not like me so Jace was so caught off guard and when he asked what was going on I made it a point to say the guy was being way too rough.  I will personally request that he does not do it for my next kid.  It was that bad.

After that I was wheeled into surgery and this c section was somewhat different (because of the anesthesiologist).  He wasn't going to let Jace watch or film until he told him that's what he did with Hayes, I had terrible chest pains for the duration of the surgery and after that is pretty common with c sections, and this time I could hear them cutting my skin. Barf.  There was a student there and I felt just like the patients on Greys Anatomy, except for most of those patients die so I had to quickly change that train of thought.  Last time they forgot to stretch my cervix so that all the fluids could pass and I started contracting AFTER delivery, so I made sure that mistake wasn't made again.  Ya, that's how much I don't dilate... The doctor has to manually go in and stretch my cervix so that all the after birth can pass.... Too much?  Too much, too much.  Thanks car accident!!!!!

Then soon after the cutting, Jace was allowed to film and a few tugs and boom baby girl was here!  She was screaming her lungs out which was awesome!  Often times c section babies are surprised with their own arrival, Ya know they didn't decide to come through the birth canal and what no, so their lungs take some time to get going; but not my Sophee!  Clearly this is a sign of how stubborn and independent she is going to be as she ages.  I'm in for it if she is anything like me!!!  I was able to see her right away and Jace just brought her over and held her in front of me (still strapped down).  It was awesome.

Then he left with her to go get bathed and I was stitched up and taken to my recovery room.  On the way I passed my little Hayeser with my parents and mother in law and I was so excited to see them all!  Especially Hayes, I was so excited for him to see his baby sister.  I wasn't able to be with them for a bit, they had to monitor me for a while, then I was taken to a room that allowed visitors and it was quite a reunion with Sophee and Hayes and Jace and I.  Her name was undecided for quite some time because we couldn't decide on one we both loved, but I think she looked like a Sophee so Jace caved.  Plus the nurses were bugging us for a name so they could decorate her cute little bin she slept in, so we finally made a decision.

Now Sophee is about 6 1/2 weeks old, she struggled a lot with reflux at first, we went through gripe water, colic calm, and then back to kidecol before she was finally feeling relief.  She wasn't having very many poopy diapers, she was screaming and pulling her knees up a ton, and only sleeping 2-3 hours.  Once we got her on kidecol she slept 5 hours twice in a row and has been pretty consistent with that ever since.  I shouldn't have gone straight to kidecol because it worked for Hayes, but we were advised to try these other ones first.  I also cut out some big dairy products and I think that is helping her.  She is a little chunk now!  I can't wait for her 2 month appointment to see what her stats are.

Love our family of four! Baby number 2.  Nailed it.

Love,

Reilee

No comments: